I know I am late to the game as far as reviewing this eyeshadow palette. I finally broke down and bought this palette after it was highly recommended by a makeup artist that I know and love. She was like I can’t believe that a makeup junkie like you don’t have this palette. I told her that I remember when this palette was released but I guess the main reason why I never got it was because I could never find it in stock in the Ulta stores. I usually like to go and check out palettes in person before I decide to drop any of my coins on it. Luckily for me, this makeup artist had this palette and let me check it out. I was very impressed with this palette and the shades looked amazing. So when I went to my local Ulta store to purchase one, the palette was sold out again so I placed an online order for it.
It took only a few days to receive the palette and luckily for me I had an event to go to in which I wanted to use the palette for. The colors blended so nicely and like always Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes never seem to disappoint. Check out the palette details below.
When it’s time to grab your carry-on and dash off to the next big adventure, you’ll want to pack light. Enter Born To Run, an all-in-one eyeshadow palette that has everything you need to create neutral looks, add in pops of color and play with brights, no matter where you’re going. With 21 of-the-moment shades—from jewel tones and modern neutrals to more colorful shadows—you’ve got every possible eye look covered in one sleek kit. Made from our mind-blowing formula that gives each shade its velvety texture, rich color and blendability, Born To Run’s Eyeshadow shades hold tightly onto pigment that stays put.
Got a conference in Dallas where you need to look like a boss? Create subtle definition with creamy, light neutrals like Breakaway and Weekender en route (using the palette’s full-size mirror, of course). Or, blend Baja, a burnt orange matte, into the lids and smudge Accelerate, a reddish copper metallic, into the crease for a sunset-hued smoky eye that mirrors the view on your road trip through the Mojave Desert. If you’re dancing until daybreak in Prague, put a twist on the traditional cat-eye look and smudge Guilt Trip, a smoky purple shimmer, into the lash line to create an imperfect wing.
Can’t decide which awe-inspiring shade to swipe on next? No matter which shades you try, we designed them all to be universally flattering for any skin tone and any lifestyle. Whether you’re a total road warrior, a weekend escapist or a staycationer—this one palette has everything you need when you’re Born To Run.
- BREAKAWAY (warm ivory shimmer)
- STRANDED (pale rose gold with tonal micro-shimmer)
- BLAZE (light metallic peach with pink shift)
- WEEKENDER (light neutral beige matte)
- STILL SHOT (bright peach)
- RIFF (brown-nude matte with floating micro-sparkle)
- GOOD AS GONE (deep brown with iridescent micro-shimmer)
- HELL RIDE (deep fuchsia matte)
- BAJA (burnt orange matte)
- ACCELERATE (reddish copper metallic)
- GUILT TRIP (smoky purple shimmer)
- IGNITE (rose gold metallic)
- SMOG (deep coppery bronze shimmer)
- WANDERLUST (forest green with gold micro-shimmer)
- WILDHEART (bright fuchsia)
- PUNK (red-brown matte)
- DOUBLE LIFE (metallic rust)
- JET (black with deep shimmering purple shift)
- DRIFT (charcoal satin with tonal micro-sparkle)
- RADIO (deep emerald satin)
- BIG SKY (frosted green shimmer with iridescent micro-sparkle)
So to end this post here are my final thoughts. Even though I am late to the game reviewing this palette, I am glad that I added this palette to my collection. The pigments are gorgeous, the blendability is awesome and the looks I have created so far has been glam. So far Urban Decay hasn’t disappointed and I am looking forward to what’s coming up next.