In this weeks blog I will be reviewing the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette. In the beauty realm this was a very highly anticipated palette that Anastasia released. When I first saw the first pictures of this palette I knew that once it dropped I had to get it. This was not my first palette that I have purchased from Anastasia, I also purchased her last release which was the Anastasia Prism Eye Shadow palette in which I loved. Being new to the makeup game this was my very first palette that I purchased from the brand. I was so impressed with the colors and the pigmentation from that last palette I had to get this one. The warm shades featured in this palette looked awesome. I love warm shades since I can do many natural everyday looks with those shades, so once the palette went on sale with Ulta I ordered it. This palette like the last one retailed at $42.00 which to me for 14 shades wasn’t too bad compared to other high end brands. So I patiently waited my few days and once I received this in the mail and opened the package I was pleasantly shocked with the colors and the pigmentation. This palette is so beautiful as far as the colors and of course I dived right in.
Here is a description of the palette below. (via Ulta website)
Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette is an everyday to night palette with fourteen shades, including essential mattes and glam shimmers.
• Full pigment and easy to blend formula
• Fourteen shades including ultra-matte, duo chrome and metallic finishes
• Luxe packaging with large mirror and double-ended brush
• Tempera (ultra-matte velvety beige)
• Glistening (iridescent gold with a hint of pink reflect)
• Orange Soda (ultra-matte pastel peach)
• Rose Pink (rose gold with a soft pink iridescent hue)
• Sultry (a hybrid satin metallic finish warm chocolate brown)
• Bronze (metallic gold bronze)
• Mulberry (ultra-matte mulberry)
• Dusty Rose (ultra-matte dusty lilac)
• Fairy (multi-dimensional light gold)
• Burnt Orange (ultra-matte deep orange)
• Sienna (ultra-matte earthy brown)
• Rustic (ultra-matte deep cinnamon brown)
• Cyprus Umber (ultra-matte dark coffee)
• Noir (ultra-matte deep carbon black)
Here how the swatches of the shades on my skin. (Beautiful!!!)
Like I said the shades were beautiful and swatched so well. Another thing that I love about this palette is the mirror and the dual headed brush that came with the palette. I usually don’t use the brush with this palette but the dual headed brush was actually very nice. With this look I decided to go the rose gold eyeshadow look and when applying the eyeshadow I was so impress on how all of the shades blended so well and how pigmented they were. Now you have to be a little careful not to put too much on the brush due to the fact that the colors are so pigmented. So here is the look that I ended up with. I really liked how it came out.
In all I give this palette 10 stars for price, pigmentation, blendability, and the multiple looks that you can create with this palette. I really hope you all liked my review and stay tune for my next post next week.