In this week’s blog, I will be reviewing the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette. In the beauty realm, this was a very highly anticipated palette that Anastasia released. When I first saw the first pictures of this palette I knew that once it dropped I had to get it. This was not the first palette that I have purchased from Anastasia, I also purchased her last release which was the Anastasia Prism Eye Shadow palette in which I loved. Being new to the makeup game this was the very first palette that I purchased from the brand. I was so impressed with the colors and the pigmentation from that last palette I had to get this one. The warm shades featured in this palette looked awesome. I love warm shades since I can do many natural everyday looks with those shades, so once the palette went on sale with Ulta I ordered it. This palette like the last one retailed at $42.00 which to me for 14 shades wasn’t too bad compared to other high-end brands. So I patiently waited my few days and once I received this in the mail and opened the package I was pleasantly shocked with the colors and the pigmentation. This palette is so beautiful as far as the colors and of course, I dived right in.
Here is a description of the palette below. (via Ulta website)
Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette is an every day to night palette with fourteen shades, including essential mattes and glam shimmers.
• Full pigment and easy to blend formula
• Fourteen shades including ultra-matte, duo-chrome, and metallic finishes
• Luxe packaging with large mirror and a double-ended brush
• Tempera (ultra-matte velvety beige)
• Glistening (iridescent gold with a hint of pink reflect)
• Orange Soda (ultra-matte pastel peach)
• Rose Pink (rose gold with a soft pink iridescent hue)
• Sultry (a hybrid satin metallic finish warm chocolate brown)
• Bronze (metallic gold bronze)
• Mulberry (ultra-matte mulberry)
• Dusty Rose (ultra-matte dusty lilac)
• Fairy (multi-dimensional light gold)
• Burnt Orange (ultra-matte deep orange)
• Sienna (ultra-matte earthy brown)
• Rustic (ultra-matte deep cinnamon brown)
• Cyprus Umber (ultra-matte dark coffee)
• Noir (ultra-matte deep carbon black)
Here how the swatches of the shades on my skin. (Beautiful!!!)
Like I said the shades were beautiful and swatched so well. Another thing that I love about this palette is the mirror and the dual headed brush that came with the palette. I usually don’t use the brush with this palette but the dual headed brush was actually very nice. With this look, I decided to go the rose gold eyeshadow look and when applying the eyeshadow I was so impressed on how all of the shades blended so well and how pigmented they were. Now you have to be a little careful not to put too much on the brush due to the fact that the colors are so pigmented. So here is the look that I ended up with. I really liked how it came out.
In all, I give this palette 10 stars for price, pigmentation, blendability, and the multiple looks that you can create with this palette. I really hope you all liked my review and stay tuned for my next post next week.